November 9, 2011

Trail Journal ~ 5/21/10 - 5/22/2010

**********
5/21/2010, Friday

Zero miles today. At Hiker's Inn.

~Met McGiver (her trail name), a young lady from Atlanta.
~Met Sweet Tea (her trail name), 50ish years old, southern belle from Atlanta, I think. Her real name is Georgia. Her chihuahua's name is Taco and his trail name is Yellow Blazer. Taco wears a leopard skin coat and rides in Georgia's front hip pack, which is actually her crown from her backpack.
~Met Ward, a CPA, and Gail, a physical therapist turned massage therapist, and their dog Maggie. They are from Charlotte.
~Met Z, a sports psychologist, and his fiance.
________________

5/22/2010, Saturday

Damascus to past Broken Back Trail. 5+ miles.

I got out of Damascus around noon and pitched my tent around 6:00 PM. I'm alone in the woods.

It rained the first two miles. Now, partly cloudy.

Met about six hikers today. All thru-hikers, all northbound.

Met one day-hiker looking for some dude trying to break the AT thru-hiker speed record. The guy trying to break the record started hiking May 7th.

My goal tomorrow: 10 miles to Low Gap.

I thought of Claire today.

I miss Hubby.

**********************

No comments: