August 19, 2014

Purple Ha Ha Hays

Hahaha... I can't resist.


You Now Have That Riff Stuck in Your Head
Lyrics by Matty Malaprop:

PURPLE HAYS ALL IN MY GRAIN
LATELY THERE HAS BEEN NO RAIN
THINGS AIN'T GROWIN' AND I DON'T KNOW WHY
'SCUSE ME WHILE I GRAB MY SCYTHE

***
I just saw fields and fields of rolled "hays" this past Sunday. After seeing this photo, I may never look at hay bails the same again.

For any readers who may not know, along with Purple Haze being a song by Jimi Hendrix, Purple Haze is also a type of blotter acid - a psychedelic drug. It was around during the 1970s. I don't know its prevalence in this current age. I may have to look it up and add to this blog post later.

The same Sunday that I saw the "hays," I spied Jimson weed plants as I hiked through a pasture. Some had purple flowers.


***


No comments: