January 28, 2015

Worth Less Keys

Am I done yet?

That question prompts the thought of cooking meat.

For some meat-eaters, "done" is pink and tender; for others, "done" is pinkless and tough.

I eat meat. I usually order my beef medium well, somewhere between slightly pink and pinkless. All other meat, I eat pinkless, except for sushi.

I've been through these phases before when I feel I have nothing to write, nothing of value to share, wondering if I am "done" writing.

Why do I feel I need to share what I write?

"Need"? Is it a "need" for me to share these scribblings from my noggin?

The Way taught about "needs" and that, to receive anything from God, there are five keys a believer needs to know and apply.
  • Key number 1: What is available
  • Key number 2: How to receive it
  • Key number 3: What to do with it after I've got it
  • Key number 4: Have my need and want parallel
  • Key number 5: God's willingness always equals God's ability

I once endeavored to believe these keys and act accordingly. If I wasn't getting an answer to prayer, and I knew God's will in the situation, then I must not be applying one of the five keys. I then needed to take a "check up from the neck up" and believe for God to show me where I was "missing it." Was I applying the five keys properly?
  • Key number 1: I know what is available by studying God's Word which is God's will. All God's promises are "yea" and "amen."
  • Key number 2: I receive by believing. To believe requires that I take action on God's promises and that I "confess" the Word. Doctor continually taught us that "confession of belief yields receipt of confession."
  • Key number 3: If I'm going to receive, I need to know how to properly utilize whatever it is that I receive from God. God won't give me something if I won't properly steward it.
  • Key number 4: To get my need and want parallel, I determine my need and then bring my desire to that same level. I always had a hard time understanding this key. How do I know if my "need" isn't actually "greed?" The majority of the world lives with much less than what I've been granted.
  • Key number 5: God won't promise anything he can't deliver; His ability is always there to bring to pass His promises.

For at least 28 years, that was my mindset, or a mindset I would try to attain and maintain.

I no longer strive to live those five keys, and I seem to get more so-called "answered pray" now in my agnosticism than when I was that five-key believer.

I guess I'm not "done" yet.


8 comments:

Bruce Gerencser said...

I like my steak medium well. :)

You aren't done. Your steak is just marinating and aging. :)

Zoe said...

Had to laugh at the ending here. :)

I like my steak well-done. I do not like pink in my steak and if it runs blood I will go hungry. I cook mine in a slow cooker with a wee bit of ketchup, pepper, onions and garlic and turmeric.

oneperson said...

Lol. Love it!

I've got the wrinkles to prove I'm marinating. ;)

oneperson said...

Sounds yummy and tender. I can smell it cooking....

Anna Maria said...

I am happy to find out there are others who don't care for their beef rare either. Actually, you are quite good when you can't decide what to write about Carol. Hopefully we keep cooking until we are REALLY done. :) I find a lot more peace with agnosticism than I ever did with religion and I love making up my own prayers...just in case there is. Hugs!

oneperson said...

Thanks Anna. :)

I "prayed" to some trees yesterday...with a few tears trickling down my cheeks. The trees were deep green spruces, swaying in a blustery wind on a mountainside. I visited Grayson Highlands (where the ponies are) yesterday. It was a short visit. There were no people there...just me and the ponies, and I saw a couple black birds, crows I think. It was another magical trip...I might write a blog piece about it.

Alice said...

I don't mind a bit of pink, but I like mine pretty done, too:) I actually work in a restaurant that serves quite a bit of steak and most people go medium to medium well.

I also find answers to prayer are very much the same as before, only now I don't have to figure out the unanswered ones..so much more peace.

oneperson said...

So true and well stated Alice...we "don't have to figure out the unanswered ones...so much more peace."
Thanks for that. <3

We're all medium to well done here. :D