December 25, 2016

Upcycling

Since about a month after surgery on August 30, 2016, I've been struggling deeply with depression and anxiety. On the heels of that were the holidays, which aren't my favorite time of year anyway. It's been difficult to muster up any sort of "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" sentiments. The best I could come up with was "Tolerable Christmas."

Until this past week; I've felt an upcycle.

I hope the shift sticks and I can get out of this underlying dark and difficult, non-solution-oriented, and non-creative mood. I know I'll still have my regular ups and downs. But I hope they aren't the big monsters I've been having to deal with the past few months.

A couple days ago I briefly perused Youtube for "Christmas song parodies" and found the following. It made me smile.

Quite impressive way to upcycle bottles.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and Happy Everyday to us all...





I later found "Happy Together." It brought me a bigger smile.




2 comments:

Anna Maria said...

Happy Holidays Carol and I wish you a much happier New Year. Depression after surgery is not uncommon...especially if there is a long rehab period and yours was. This time of year has not been my favorite either, ever since my parents passed it doesn't feel the same...plus the toxic election sure didn't help either. I have spent a lot of time with the kids and grandkids lately and that always helps me forget my woes. HAPPY CREATIVE NEW YEAR 2017!

oneperson said...

Hey Anna!
Good to see you and thank you for the well wishes.

Yes, the election sure didn't help. I'm hoping the more moderate repubs can and will help keep the crazed one and his circle in check.

I can't recall now if 1968 or 1969 was given the description "the year that time cracked," or something like that. I was thinking this morning that maybe 2016 has been similar, or at least has a similar type feel. What a strange year... *shakemyhead*

Yay for kids and grandkids! They do bring to life freshness, innocence, warmth, purpose, hope, and more.

I love your New Year's encouragement. "Happy Creative New Year" to you too! I might have to steal that. :)