November 5, 2011

I pen in Gregg

When journaling and in notes to myself, I draw words in Gregg shorthand mixed with longhand.

I wonder how many folks pen in Gregg?

Below is the text of and a photo from part of a recent journal entry...from between the Moleskine cover.
____________________

Friday, 11/04/11
Starbucks - Reynolda Road 3:00 PM

'Tis a cloudy fall day. Sleepy day. Not sure what I have to write today, what I have to come off my fingertips....these letters and words to draw.

I like thinking of writing as drawing letters. I mean like art...I draw.

I like taking time to draw them legibly.

Sometimes when I write, I write too fast and even I can't read my own handwriting.

Maybe I'll take a photo of this page of my handwritten journal.

I could even give a little lesson in Gregg shorthand. Hmmm...that is an idea.

____________________

Photo of the above journal entry:


Read more about Gregg shorthand here: Gregg Shorthand Alphabet





The text to the left states:

My name is Carol.
This is a snippet photo of Gregg shorthand.
My name is Carol.
What is your name?

No comments: