November 5, 2011

More mistruths, half-truths, un-truths

I doubt any readers of toss & ripple are much interested in my continuing to address some of Knapp's statements that he posted on the internet in August and September, 2011.

However, these additional snippets where I address some of Knapp's statements that were not addressed in my initial response page may continue to come off my keyboard. Some may accuse me of just keeping the crap Knapp stated alive. So be it. For me, it is still alive. That will not always be the case.

If Knapp would take reasonable and responsible accountability for any of his words and actions, I perhaps wouldn't feel as strongly about posting my responses.

So, skip this blog piece if you're not interested.

Thanks!
~carol
11/04/11

*******************

Another of Knapp's August, 2011, online statements is that within days of our split in August, 2010, I published online that I was considering taking legal action against him.

He provided no evidence in his accusation. So I'm not sure what he is referring to.

The closest I came to what Knapp may have interpreted as me considering taking legal action, was in a rant I wrote (in which I mentioned no names) on August 12, 2010, and posted on my blog. (Knapp cut me off on August 2, 2010.) Perhaps Knapp interprets me stating that "I'd like to hang the ("jerk") guy out to dry" as a legal threat.

Following is the quote from that 'rant.' The rant can be read in its entirety here: August 12, 2010 ~ 2:45 AM Rant. (And yes, I was peeved when I wrote it. The context of the piece explains why I was angry.)

[quote]
I could take this dude to the cleaners if I choose. JERK!!

But...that's not my style. Yet after getting the email tonight from an innocent person in no way involved in the situation and not knowing anything really other than I'm gone...after getting that email that asks me one simple question, I'd like to hang the ("jerk") guy out to dry.

[end quote]

Within a coupleish weeks I took that rant offline and put it in draft and posted it again in June, 2011, when I was bringing forth things I had written in private or with pseudonyms.

In his August, 2011, online postings Knapp states I was selective in the emails I sent with my complaint to NY. I guess I was; I figured NY didn't need the 100+ email exchanges that happened during the conflict between Knapp and Lema, most of those emails being between Knapp and Lema. I sent the state email exchanges I thought pertinent to the complaint and I offered to send all email exchanges if need be.

In his August, 2011, online postings Knapp also stated that he consulted with supervision regarding our dual relationship, specifically that of my volunteering on his projects. I question if he did and wonder if he brought up the other dualities (that of friendship and role reversal). But perhaps he did, putting his slant on each duality.

I question if Knapp ever consulted anyone legally or professionally regarding any of this drama. Perhaps he did, again giving his slant of what happened without any evidence, other than his word. Or perhaps he selectively chose emails (which he accuses me of) and perhaps selectively chose paragraphs of my public writings as evidence of his slant. Similar to what he did in his August, 2011, postings in which he chose a few paragraphs from what I'd written within a couple days after his actions in August, 2010. (Again, no names were revealed.) Knapp dismisses or ignores that I later state in that same online thread (Again, at that time, names were not revealed.) that after other information about Knapp was forth coming indicating his treatment toward me was perhaps a pattern and after having consulted for weeks with a psychologist whose been practicing for decades, that I had filed a formal complaint; thus my interpretation of events had changed.

In his August, 2011, online postings Knapp also stated that Jim [last name excluded] told Knapp that someone was pouring over emails with me showing me how Knapp had manipulated me. Someone later asked Jim about that and according to Jim, Jim never stated that to Knapp. It's another thing that Knapp apparently made up or twisted or something. Plus, as stated in my address to Knapp's allegations and accusations, I and the person who supposedly was pouring over emails with me never directly communicated about any of this until after Knapp's defamatory postings at the end of August, 2011. To this day, that person and I have never poured over Knapp's emails.

As I stated (in tears and distress) via Skype to someone who contacted me in July, 2011, about their Knapp experience, "I wish John had never put me in this situation." The situation of having to make the god-awful choice of reporting him or not, and then the god-awful choice of going public or not.

At this point, after I've heard, read, and seen lie after lie without any apparent regard from Knapp for the people whom he has left in his small wake, I think the man has no conscience.

...And that is my current opinion. It will take a lot to convince me otherwise.

To be continued (perhaps)...in snippets and bits....
____________________

No comments: