May 27, 2014

Stone Gnome: Badlands, South Dakota



Son is currently driving solo across the USA from North Carolina to California. He'll be spending the summer in Santa Cruz.



He decided on a northern route so he can visit the Badlands and Yellowstone on his way westward. He's been sending me text updates, with some videos and photos, along the way. His phone takes crappy photos and videos; he's rough on cell phones.

He sent me one photo of some sheep grazing. He hadn't noticed, as he stopped by the road side and gazed at the sheep and snapped the photo, that in the background sat a stone gnome watching over those mountain sheep.

Weather and Mother Nature carved this gnome.

6 comments:

Zoe said...

That is so cool! Do you by any chance see two of them? I see two.

oneperson said...

*chuckle*

Now I do. I see another face in the Gnome's hat. The other face looks like something from Ghostbusters; his tongue is sticking out. :D

Is that the second one you see; or is your second one elsewhere?

... Zoe ~ said...

*haha*

Nope not in the hat. Actually, it's 3 in total I see but they are all side by side. I see 3 noses, 3 eyes, 2 mouths or 3 depending on how I look at it.

I swear I am not drugged. ROTFLOL!

oneperson said...

lol... :-D

This is more fun than finding Waldo!

I see a profile on the right side of Stone Gnome.

That makes 3 for me. Maybe it's the trinity!!

xoxo

Alice said...

I only see one:) I must not be as creative as you two:)

... Zoe ~ said...

rotf . . . now I think I see four . . . yes, that's it for sure Alice. Creativity. *giggle*