December 30, 2015

Self Talkin'

12/28/15

Alright.
Here I am.

Two weeks post-epidural and I feel more like it is Week Five post-epidural.
Not good.

But, but, but....think of what I can do now that I couldn't do before.
And, I am only on 1.5 mg of daily prednisone with a 50% reduction in medication in my epidural.
No small feat.

Bring to mind Carol, riding Salem Lake.
You just rode it Sunday-a-week-ago.
Remember?

And then there has been Christmas.
Yuck.
Just yuck.
It wore me out.
And receiving gifts is hard on me.
The reciprocal-response runs strong in this one, Obi.

Social events and conversation wear me out.
Usually I'm okay with being social the first 4ish weeks after my epidural, but not this time.

My energy is just so very low.
I have little-to-no reserve.

So, each and every decision must be made in light of "will this help me? or drain me?"

Whatever I do expends energy; that's a given.
But, with every expenditure, there is either a benefit or detriment.
It can be either an investment or a life-sucker.

I can't afford the suckers.

I don't need to explain that to anyone.

And remember to bring to mind images of what energizes me...like riding my bike.
It will come again; it will come again.
I might not get that energy until my next epidural.

But what would be great?
If my body got to the next level of healing.
There will be levels, with ups and downs.

OTOH, I might be as well as I'm gonna get.
I've got to accept that.
Yup...I must accept that as a possible reality.
And if it is, so long social life.

That's what seems to exhaust me the most, social interactions.
Maybe they wouldn't if I didn't have a small business to run.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) - all social interaction exhausts me now. This I relate too.

Anna Maria said...

I just spent the last five days house sitting alone for my son and daughter-in-law so I didn't have to socially interact after Christmas and it was uplifting. Wishing you total healing in 2016 Carol. I am eager to get my epidural next week looking forward to some pain relief. It finally got cold this last week and that didn't help at all. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Becky Wiren said...

Baby steps Carol. And even progress takes steps back. Remember: the holidays wear out healthy people. Hope you feel better soon! (HUGS)

Becky Wiren said...

PS: Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better each day! Love, SP

oneperson said...

<3

oneperson said...

Glad it was uplifting Anna. <3

I can no longer decorate for Christmas and sometimes I miss it. But, because I stay in and/or visit other people's homes at Christmas to pet and house sit, I get to enjoy their trees and decor. So I do get some Christmas spirit without the work! lol

I know you are looking forward to that pain relief. I'll be rooting you on this week!

Happy New Year to all dittos!

Thank you Anna!
<3

oneperson said...

Thanks Becky!

That is a great reminder... that holidays wear out people with good health and energy.

Baby steps is also a good reminder. And it makes me chuckle because I think of Bill Murray in "What About Bob?" lol

Happy New Year!
<3

oneperson said...

Thank you SP!

Happy 2016!
<3

April said...

Love you and I also hope you keep healing. I too cannot allow any life suckers into my sphere. It's way too draining. I LOVE YOU

oneperson said...

I hear you loud and clear!

I know there are some life suckers we can't avoid...family or something other. And those, we just have to figure out the best way to manage.

Love you April, and thank you!

Keep rockin! and joggin'! :D