April 19, 2016

Sometimes I miss...

...having the energy to pen more creative, free-flow writing.

...and then playing with it, much like a drawing or painting that an artist works with over time.


But, I am putting energy elsewhere.

...and, most often, I put that energy into activities that enhance my life.

...activities that add magic and awe.

...that energize, when I can be energized.

...that allow serendipities and increase gratitude and imbue a deep respect for life and its seasons.


My biking goal for 2016 is 1500 miles.

Oh my...I just had a thought.

Maybe I'll go for 2016 in 2016!

1500 miles comes out to an average of 125 miles/month.
2016 miles averages 168 per month.
I wonder if I can do that? Hmmmm....

For the first 3 months in 2016, I rode
...January = 155.8 miles
...February = 67.5 miles
...March = 179.5 miles

That comes to an average of 134.3 miles per month thus far in 2016.
.
So, I'd have to average around 180 per month for the next 9 months, to get to 2016 miles.
I don't know if I can do that.

For now, I'll stick with the 1500-mile goal.

My longest ride at one time has been 26 miles.
I rode that on Wednesday, 4/13/2016 along the New River Trail in Virginia.
Thirteen miles one way, and thirteen miles back.
'Twas a magical day, adding to my feel-good-memories file.
New River Trail State Park


8 comments:

Anna Maria said...

I am very happy you are out biking again Carol and I'm sure you will reach your goal. It's great you feel like setting them again. Good Luck!

oneperson said...

Thank you Anna!
<3

Anonymous said...

So impressed Carol! Wow.

oneperson said...

Thanks Zoe.

It's quite incredible to me how I can ride that bike with nary a pain. It boggles my mind at times. But when I walk...well...in less than 1/4-mile, I'm feeling symptoms. One of them is the amount of energy I have to expend to propel my body forward when I walk. Another is my back; I feel the weakness quickly. There is some pain with my back too.

My leg symptoms used to be some of the worst, but they are doing well now. I'm hoping it continues through these last 3+ weeks until my next epidural. I'm waiting patiently, cautiously, and with a type of hesitation.

Good to see you! :) I'm in the not-enough-energy mode again...as far as online and social life. I haven't visited blogs in awhile. Don't know when I'll get back to it.

Thanks again! <3

Anonymous said...

I always loved riding my bike when I could ... it is a wonderful feeling of freedom ... even had one I bought from someone when I lived in Ohio and the first part of the last year in Kansas ... and, of course, growing up in North Carolina. So glad you and Olivia can have wonderful adventures.

SP

oneperson said...

<3

Covecritters said...

YOU are an amazing woman <3

oneperson said...

Thanks Linda.

And likewise to you dear friend! <3