August 6, 2017

Brain-mud

I'm tired. Fatigued. Nothing new. I get my neck shots tomorrow. That will help.

And, I'm on my last day of a two-week pet-sitting marathon. It wore me out. There's no way I could do it without Hubby.

When I officially reopened my pet-sitting business in May, 2017, after surgery on August 30, 2016, I downsized (again), and I decreased the hours I am available. I now have only ten-or-so clients. Only one needs service almost weekly. The others mainly need service when they go out of town. Six of the ten-or-so went out of town in the last two weeks. When it rains it pours. It poured mainly cats and sprinkled some dogs. Most of the dogs overnighted in our home. Things will now slow down to my normal few visits a week instead of a few visits a day.

I was talking with Hubby last night about my dis-ease symptoms. Mainly about the mental fatigue. Instead of suffering from what is commonly referred to as brain-fog, I seem to suffer from brain-mud. When the fatigue roosts, my brain becomes like thick mud.

Back-and-forth oral conversation becomes exhausting. If a person shares a story with lots of detail that I have to follow, I simply can't do it. And I can't do an activity while engaged in oral conversation. An example: it's difficult for me to walk and converse simultaneously. Written back-and-forth conversation is also exhausting. But reading, without needing to respond, does not exhaust me.

So, I get my neck shots tomorrow. They will ease the mental fatigue and the physical fatigue for a few weeks.


2 comments:

Denise said...

I admire your determination and courage and could never be as strong as you, but it is something to aspire to. Much love, D.

oneperson said...

Thanks Denise! <3