December 1, 2017

Hope-booster: It worked!

Wednesday, 11/29/17

I round the curve on my bicycle as the tires roll on the dirt trail circling Salem Lake. These trees are again my witnesses, like in the summer of 2015 when I felt my muscles getting juice again. But now the trees are almost leafless, going dormant for the winter. But after winter comes spring, and the trees will again be adorned with new life.

Will my body too have new life?

The reality of the news I'd received five hours earlier hits home.

It worked. It fucking worked...

Thankful, hopeful tears roll down my cheeks as I pedal while the breeze brushes my tears. My heart feels the presence of the trees and the woods and the lake and my bicycle, Olivia. My mind recalls the many times I've cried tears of hope since Summer, 2015, as I've rounded this lake on Olivia.

The many serendipitous incidents, that have given me hope-boost flashes throughout the last six-plus years, roll across my mental screen. It's been awhile since I've had a really good shot of hope.

The news hits me again.

I'm no longer being poisoned from within.

Deep breath as I pedal.

I can set a goal for 2018. Get off the epidurals. Once I do that, I can set a goal to get off daily prednisone.

Maybe it's a fantasy goal. I don't care. I've set it as a goal.

~*~

The news?

My chromium and cobalt metal ion levels are now in the NORMAL range, below 2.

That's huge. Huge! The result was expected, but it's still huge for me.

I had had a secret concern. What if they don't come down? That'd mean the new hip is leeching or the source of the metals is from something else.

But now, the proof is in the serum.

There still may be (and probably are) metal stores in my tissues. So I'll keep working to help my body rid those. My body and I did it with the mercury some sixteen years ago. We can do it again.

Great work body!! Keep it up!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Great news!

SP

Denise said...

Trying again: Yay!!!!

oneperson said...

Thank you ladies!

Glad it finally worked Denise. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, so wonderful. Good news. :)

oneperson said...

Yes, good news. Thank you Zoe.

Unfortunately, I've had a really rough go since a couple days after this blog post...including a new symptom. :( But I'm enduring and doing what I can to manage. I get my next epidural Monday, 12/11. So...we'll see what happens.

Thanks again! <3

Zoe said...

Thoughts of you. <3

oneperson said...

Thanks Zoe. I've improved and so has the new symptom. <3