August 15, 2018

Chunks to Cairns

August 12, 2018

My personal life seems to be taking on some kind of organic organization. Of course, as soon as I write this, that may crumble and life is humdrum chaos again.

Humdrum chaos.
That's an oxymoron.
But that's how "it" feels.

Maybe that's a coping skill. The chaos is so overwhelming that it cycles into apathy, or humdrum. But one can't live like that on an ongoing basis. And if they do have to live "it" in order to survive, the price is high. It takes a toll, a chunk. Many chunks.

Perhaps one can then take the chunks and build a cairn.

My definition of cairn is: a rock stack marking a path or something significant.

Two Oxford Dictionary definitions are:
~a mound of rough stones built as a memorial or landmark, typically on a hilltop or skyline.
~a prehistoric burial mound made of stones.

So where was I?

Ahh, my personal life and the organic organizational feel to it. This is a good thing, if it is actually a thing and not a momentary perception. And if it is a thing, I think it stems from setting aside Wednesdays and arranging that day around the writing workshop at night. The priority isn't biking that day.

I love biking. It's become my full time job....

I'm getting off track because I'm starting to write to explain for a reader.
Stop it Carol.
Plus readers can come to their own conclusions with what is stated.
Their own applications.

It's time to type up my next "Help Map" and magnet it to my refrigerator. I type these up every 12 weeks, to help me make it to my next epidural. I put a check mark beside each week when that week's complete.

This is round #22.

~*~
Help Map:
August 6, 2018. thru October 29, 2018


I have value.
My experiences & knowledge count.

I am committed to self-care & emotional wellness.
I do not have to explain to anyone my lack of commitment to activities outside of self-care.
Even if I weren't disabled, there is no need to explain.
I do not need to apologize, though I'm sure I will.
With selfcare I am caring for others.

Listen to my soul & to my body.
Nothing else takes priority.
Pace. Rest. Movement.
Nutrition. Happiness. Writing.

Weather is always changing.
"It's wind man. It blows all over the place."

May I be present.
May I have ease of well being.
May I be peaceful.
May I embrace 10,000 sorrows & 10,000 joys.



Countdown:
Week 1: Completed M, 8/13/18
Week 2: Completed M, 8/20/18
Week 3: Completed M, 8/27/18 (BONIVA on Sa, 8/25/18)
Week 4: Completed M, 9/03/18

Week 5: Completed M, 9/10/18
Week 6: Completed Tu, 9/18/18 (neck shots)
Week 7: Completed Tu, 9/25/18
Week 8: Completed Tu, 10/02/18 (BONIVA on Sa, 9/29/18)

Week 9: Completed Tu, 10/09/18
Week 10: Completed Tu, 10/16/18
Week 11: Completed Tu, 10/23/18
Week 12: Completed M, 10/29/18 (BONIVA on Sa, 10/27/18 ~4 wks) (Epidural #23)

Carol Welch, CEO
~cyclist. explorer. overcomer.

~*~

No comments: