January 28, 2019

Outstretched wings...Round #24

Entertaining visuals often visit me in my sleep dreams. Dr. Seuss-type animals, like wildebeest-wolf hybrids running in a herd at Grayson Highlands State Park in Virginia. Or tiny pink elephants running in a line up the living room wall next to the doorway in Mom and Dad's old house, the home where I grew up.

Last night I dreamt of miniature calico pigs who jumped into a pond and swam. When they got out they gave each other kisses. They were so cute! But then I learned from an animal guide at the pond that the humans were trying to teach the pigs to not kiss so much; they had developed raw spots on their chins and noses.

Last night's dream also included Hubby and I flying in the open air above a waterway as we sat straddled upon something; seems like it was a long cardboard box with stationary, cardboard wings. We were in Florida, flying north. To our right in the distance, also flying north, were a teenage-boy standing upon one of the two outstretched wings of a giant heron, and a girl-child sitting upon one of the outstretched wings of a giant seagull. I was amazed at their ability to balance upon these flying winged creatures and how easy they made it look.

Upon rising one morning sometime in the past few weeks, my first conscious thought was, What can I do today to help alleviate suffering in the world? I can't recall what I dreamt the preceding night.

The question somewhat startled me. I've asked it of myself multiple times since.

~*~

I received my 24th epidural on Monday, January 21, 2019.
I'll receive my 25th on Thursday, April 18, 2019, or thereabouts.

Trail Guide. Round #24

January 21, 2019, thru April 18, 2019

Just as others go to work at jobs, my job & work is selfcare.
Selfcare isn't selfish. With selfcare I am caring for others.
Due to only so much time & energy in a day, a job limits one's activities outside of the job.
My job is no exception. I have to go to my job.
I do not have to explain to anyone my lack of commitment to activities outside my job.

Remind myself, "Easy. Easy." Lower expectations to regulate frustrations.
Factor in some certainties, so I feel more tethered to what is important & to help keep me grounded.
At the same time remember that weather is always changing. "It's wind, man. It blows all over the place."

Remind myself, "I have intrinsic value. My experiences & knowledge count."
When I arise, ask myself, "What can I do today to help alleviate suffering?"

May I be present.
May I have ease of well being.
May I be peaceful.
May I embrace 10,000 sorrows & 10,000 joys.


Countdown:
Week 1: Completed M, 1/28/19: easy does it
Week 2: Completed M, 2/04/19
Week 3: Completed M, 2/11/19
Week 4: Completed M, 2/18/19: easy does it

Week 5: Completed M, 2/25/19: easy does it X2
Week 6: Completed Tu, 3/05/19: easy does it X3
(Neck shots.)
Week 7: Completed Tu, 3/12/19
Week 8: Completed Tu, 3/19/19

Week 9: Completed Tu, 3/26/19: easy does it
Week 10: Completed Tu, 4/02/19: easy does it X2
Week 11: Completed Tu, 4/09/19: easy does it X3
Week 12: Completed Tu, 4/16/19: easy does it X4
(Epidural #25. Th, 4/18/19)

Signed: me, ceo ~ cyclist. explorer. overcomer.~





No comments: