August 1, 2019

Knowledge

7/31/19
Prompt or not: knowledge
~*~

I do not want to craft a piece of writing.
I do not want to polish it.
I do not want to make it understandable.
I do not write for you.
I guess that would make me a non-marketable author.
Or no author at all.

What do I desire when I write?
It varies.

Sometimes I dump my thoughts.
Plop. Boing. Richochet. Plop.
There is no bullseye.

But there are margins.
The edge of the page.
The edge of the computer screen.

Is there an edge to consciousness?

I tend to think not.
Consciousness expands to make room
for more thoughts,
for more feelings,
for more space from where ideas originate.

There is a difference between thinking a thought and expressing it.
If we all had our thoughts laid bare for others to see,
to examine, like under a glass dome in a museum...
Would we put ourselves on the critic's pedestal, seeing only "them" under the dome?
Or would we identify and realize those thoughts could, just as well, be "us?"

I'm going absolutely no where with this.

Wait Carol...come on back.
You don't have to know where you are going.
How often has serendipity been with you?


The answer is, "Often."

Do you plan serendipity?

Well no. Otherwise it would not be serendipity.

So back to this edge of consciousness-thing.
What do you envision?


I see something like the universe, or at least its accepted rendition.
An ever-expanding expanse, with no detectable beginning or end.

What if that rendition is wrong?

What if, like The Way taught, there is a border to the universe?
What if, like The Way taught, the gigantic bubble of outer space is surrounded by water?
What if, like The Way taught, the water is probably a saline solution, like embryonic fluid?
Embryonic water protects the fetus; the outer waters, called the Deep, protect our universe.
That wasn't always the case. It was those waters, from the Deep, that flooded the earth in Noah's time.
God said he would never allow that again and gave us a rainbow as proof.
In the Deep is where some of the fallen angels were casts and await judgement.
Others of these fallen angels move about on earth creating havoc.
After Jesus was raised from the dead, he visited the Deep to show himself to the imprisoned spirits.
He had conquered death.
Beyond the waters of the Deep is another expanse.
That expanse has no margins; it is eternal.
It is where Christ ascended to the right hand of God, if there really is such a physical place.

Or something like that.

At one time, I wholeheartedly believed that is how the universe was set up.
Some literal, some figurative.
I used to wonder if the vast expanse of the Universe is a distortion.
That in reality, what humans are really seeing via Hubble or other telescopes, are multiple reflections from the waters of the Deep reflecting back on themselves from all directions, creating an illusion of forever, like when a person is in a house of mirrors.

The Way had scripture to back up all their teachings.
Some of it was twisted.
I question though, was it anymore twisted than any other group's claim to the right interpretation?

The Way taught that we don't interpret the scriptures; we allow them to interpret themselves.
Twist on that for awhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting stuff about the Deep ... I had heard a little bit of it in my 23.5 years in der Way, but not all of it. How much of that was LCM's teaching? I asked John Crouch one time, post-Way, what the Deep was. He said "the ocean." There is a place where Jesus tells the 12 to "launch out into the deep." Definitely the ocean there. Oh, well. Just pondering ...

SP

oneperson said...

The one thing I specifically recall coming from Craig was that the Deep outside the universe was probably of a saline solution. I think he thought that made sense, since the ocean, also called the deep, is saline. He also brought up the womb analogy.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting. :)