May 8, 2012

Thumbing the "Word Over the World"

I opened my eyes this morning, as I've done for close to the past 19,370 days. As I typically do I thought something along the line of, "It's another day. I wonder what the day will bring."

I sat up in my king size bed. My immediate thought was, "I've hitchhiked a lot of miles."

I don't recall my dreams from last night. Perhaps I dreamed about hitchhiking.

As the crow flies, I hitchhiked over 6000 miles between the years 1976 and 1983. Over 4000 of those miles were required hitchhiking while I was in The Way Corps in 1981 and 1982.

As Way Corps, we were to believe God to get to our assigned destinations within a certain amount of time. If we didn't make it within our time limit, we were reprimanded and sometimes had to turn around and hitch back to the place where we had set out from. One time, my partner and I were 4 minutes late after hitching from Kansas to New Mexico; we had to turn around and hitch straight back to Kansas.

As Way Corps, we were to "witness the Word" to people we encountered all along our thumbing journey.

As Way Corps I was part of God's elite. I was a light in this dark world helping to keep the hand of the adversary (the devil) at bay. When I would enter a town, or store, or home, or situation, I would silently speak in tongues causing devil spirits to tremble. As I would speak forth the Word of Life, God would prosper it as God saw fit.

I am an Ambassador for Christ taking the accuracy of God's Word over the world and into the next generation so that the accuracy of the scriptures can thrive until the Return of Christ. Only God knows when the Return will happen.

When Christ returns the first time, He won't come all the way to earth. Rather His saints will meet him in the air with their new bodies. Christ will come at the Return to gather together all the people that have been born again since his resurrection; the dead in Christ shall rise first and then we which are alive at the time will be changed and given our new bodies in the twinkling of an eye.

Saints are believers that are still alive; that is the accurate definition. Saints are not dead people to whom we are to pray, like the Roman Catholic Church teaches. The RC so-called saints are actually devil spirits.

The devil is the god of this world controlling and manipulating the happenings on earth. The devil and his cohorts are responsible for all evil. Sometimes the evil is cloaked in good. My temptation is no longer between good and bad, but between good and best.

The devil was once the angel of light and he can move as fast as the speed of light. He manipulates whatever he needs to manipulate and transfigures whatever he needs to transfigure so that people worship him, directly or indirectly. He keeps people in bondage that way; he keeps people from knowing the freedom in Christ. He really wants to keep men, women, and children from becoming born again and having eternal life. The accurate translation for "born again" is "born from above."

Christ will return again later, a second time, and come all the way to earth at that point. We, the saints that were caught up with him in the air the first time, will come with him. Depending upon our faithfulness and heart as a believer in our earthly bodies, which we had before the Return, we will have responsibilities. Whatever those responsibilities will be, we will carry them out in our perfected heavenly bodies. Maybe I'll be able to visit between planets. It's a big universe out there.

If mankind can write stories and make movies about truth's ultimate prevail over evil, about super heros, why not God? All these super heroes are just counterfeit tales of what is actually true. The true super hero is Jesus Christ. The true tale is not a tale at all and is far, far greater than any tale man can imagine.


Fortunately I never came to harm on my hitchhiking excursions. I enjoyed them for the most part. I remember some incidents clearly. I have hardly any recollection of other trips...especially the one when I hitched alone from Connecticut to North Carolina. It wasn't a Corps-required trip. I was trying to leave at that time, to leave the demands of The Corps, to leave the standards to which I felt I couldn't live up to.

But, leaving took another twenty-two plus years.

2 comments:

Billy said...

I think for most people who were in the Way, regardless of their view of their time and the Way itself, it was a big part of their lives with long lasting effects. I was in for a little over four years, but the effects seem to have the hold of a much longer time. That includes things like dreams.

oneperson said...

Ironic how The Way taught (at one time) that sleep dreams were an indication that our lives were not on the up and up with God. If we slept and didn't dream, that that was a more godly and restful sleep.

I never quite understood how we were supposed to line that up with science. ;D