December 12, 2012

12/12/12 #1

non-subject: like other mammals
AWW ~ 12/12/12
*********

December 12, 2012

John & I sat on the porch-deck at The Dolphin View Restaurant which overlooks an inlet at New Smyrna Beach, FL. I'm not sure the name of the inlet we overlooked.

John ate a hamburger, green beans, waffle fries, and a hush puppy.
I ate a flounder Reuben with sauerkraut, slaw, waffle fries, and a hush puppy.

As I sat eating, I watched two pelicans that stood atop a couple pylons.
The pelicans weren't busy; they simply stood, resting.

I noticed their large beaks.
I noticed their resting.

I often notice how frequently animals rest.

John and I saw no dolphins today.
We saw dolphins Monday while we walked the pier that connects with the long rock jetty at Ponce Inlet.
I wondered if the dolphins knew we were watching them?
Watching them caused us to smile.

Animals.
They gather food.
They play.
They rest.

I wonder if animals worry?

I am an animal.

3 comments:

Jon said...

I wonder if animals worry?
(I think they worry about predators - but not about such abstract things, like 'Am I a worthwhile squirrel' or 'Does this shirt make me look fat?').

I am an animal.
(Yup, me too).

oneperson said...

Hey Jon...
Somehow I missed your comment months ago. Your comment gives me a chuckle....thinking about a squirrel worrying if she's worthwhile. Critters don't worry about such. One lesson (among 1000s) that we can learn from them.

oneperson said...

Hey Jon...
Somehow I missed your comment months ago. Your comment gives me a chuckle....thinking about a squirrel worrying if she's worthwhile. Critters don't worry about such. One lesson (among 1000s) that we can learn from them.