December 23, 2012

Except that...

A few weeks ago,in November, 2012, I came forward on a now-private Facebook group revealing my ex-therapist's name...
and that he had harmed myself and others;
and that I had taken action in September, 2010, by filing an official complaint in the state where he was then licensed;
and that there had been a hearing in 2012 before his licensing board.

Up until September, 2011, my ex-therapist had been a member of that now-private Facebook group.

In August, 2011, my ex-therapist had posted his defamatory article about me on that Facebook group, as well as other places online. I was out backpacking when he posted his online fairy tale.

The then-administrator (in August, 2011) of that Facebook group let me know my ex-therapist's defamatory article had been posted on the group board and then was quickly deleted. Subsequently my ex-therapist was no longer a member of that Facebook group. I do not know if he quit or if he was banned for his behavior.

I'm not sure why I decided to come forward in November, 2012, with his name on that group page; it had been 15 months since his online lies...so many lies.
It can still anger me at times.
Other times I feel bad for him, but then tell myself that I shant feel pity for the man. He has harmed people and, to my knowledge, has never owned up to those harms. I just hope that he keeps his word to stay out of the mental health field.

Within minutes after I revealed his name on that Facebook group I received a private message from someone whom I will call Jenelle. The message stated:
I am happy u got the hearing. I am not sure if you knew this but I did file a complaint with the state over what he did to you and [.....]. I hope it helped.
Glad to see you are well.


A tear came to my eye. I knew of Jenelle, but we had never communicated.
My ex-therapist had warned me in 2009 to be wary of Jenelle and that Jenelle was a "bad person."
My ex-therapist had stated allegations about Jenelle to his support group in 2009/2010, allegations which I later learned are false.
My ex-therapist had shared in one of his online diatribes in September, 2011, that Jenelle had told my ex-therpist things regarding me, things that weren't true. I found out this too was a lie; Jenelle had never told him those things, the things that I had never done.

Jenelle and I ended up talking on the phone that afternoon after the private message on Facebook. We will talk again, I'm sure.

After our phone call, it dawned on me a probable reason that my ex-therapist had lied to me about Jenelle, warning me about what a bad person Jenelle is.

Jenelle knows about the past Singer Foundation which my ex-therapist founded around 1995 which then folded some three months later. The events with my ex-therapist's 2011 foundation were like a repeat of 1995.

Jenelle knows those 1995 details.
That must be why Jenelle is a bad person ...to my ex-therapist.

In one of my ex-therapist's defamatory posts in August, 2011, he stated, "..Investigators are not credentialed therapists. They are clerks. They are rarely schooled in the law. Their job is simply to gather facts. Some clerks come to believe they have power—and therefore wisdom. These are very dangerous people."

I guess investigators are "very dangerous people"...to my ex-therapist.

I'd feel sorry for my ex-therapist...
except that I think he knows exactly what he is doing;
except that he has emotionally and psychologically raped people;
except that he has swept his harmful deeds under the rug and has not been accountable;
except that he apparently continues to try to fleece his new circle;
except that he still hollers his hypocrisy like the pot to the kettle.

I just looked up where the phrase comes from about the pot calling the kettle black; it has to do with soot.

Soot brings to mind ashes.

Ashes bring to mind cremation.

Cremation brings to mind resurrection.

Resurrection brings to mind the Phoenix.


_______________

From "Maxwell's Elementary Grammar", copyright 1904.

"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;
"You are dirty and ugly and black!
Sure no one would think you were metal,
Except when you're given a crack."

"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;
"'Tis your own dirty image you see;
For I am so clean – without blemish or blot –
That your blackness is mirrored in me."


5 comments:

Anna Maria said...

I love that little poem about the pot and the kettle. Seems things were not much different in 1904 than they are now. It is so unfortunate that sometimes the "professionals" we turn to expecting them to help relieve our anguish are in a lot more "mental" trouble than we are.

Happy Holidays to you and your family and hope your New Year is full of love, peace, and joy.

... Zoe ~ said...

(((hugs))) I think we just get to a point where we are tired of the lies. Maybe this comes with age? I don't know. I have done more speaking up on my own behalf in that last year than in a lifetime. My therapist who I saw for over ten years was arrested this year. The arrest did not involve me.

I'm proud of you.

oneperson said...

Thank you Anna Maria!

Yes...unfortunate. I'm thankful that there are ways of recourse within our system. But sadly, those recourses too can be corrupt.

I still hope that some day there is reconciliation/restitution in some way when folks have been harmed.

I'm still reading your book. And loving it. What richness of life. Words can't suffice. (I am a very slow reader because I'm always multitasking with books, etc.)

I hope you had a great holiday too! We did. I am beyond thankful for my family. Life is good.

xo
<3
~Carol

oneperson said...

Thank you Zoe...

The lies. They still baffle me. I simply can't wrap my head around it. I guess that is a good thing.

I mean...I have lied from time to time. Most of those times I end up coming forward. And I usually have felt guilt when I've lied. So, I'm not a saint in that regard. But nonchalant outrageous flagrant fables with no apparent regard?...baffles my brain cells.

Wow on the arrest. Oh my. *gulp* That must feel .... odd, even if you were not involved. Do you think he is guilty of that which he was arrested for?

Thank you again Zoe!
<3
xo

oneperson said...

For any interested readers...I am bringing forward the August/September, 2011, defamatory articles and Facebook discussions posted by my ex-therapist. Here is an introduction & table of contents:
For the Record: Intro & Table of Contents