July 8, 2013

The magic ponies of Grayson...

I just posted a Youtube video in my previous blog entry. The video is Julie Andrews voice singing "My Favorite Things" put to a slideshow of various photos.

One of the photos is of a pony.

The pony photo brings to mind another video that I've linked below. The video below records the ponies of Grayson Highlands, one of my favorite and fairly frequent hiking spots. The video captures well the magic of the feral ponies of the Virginia highlands.

Oh how I love this sacred space among the rocks and open balds...
It is here I feel at home and at ease....



The Feral Ponies of Grayson Highlands





3 comments:

Anna Maria said...

Nice video and I love the music. I am surprised at how tame the ponies appear to be for being in the wild. The scenery reminds me somewhat of my beloved Hill Country full of rocks and endless spaces none of which are level.

... Zoe ~ said...

I smiled, then I chuckled and then a rush of tears. I really enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing.

oneperson said...

Thanks Anna Marie & Zoe...

I really love the piece and think the music is perfect.

<3