September 21, 2016

Wally and Wilson

I named my walker "Wally."
A stuffed lemur rides on Wally.
I named the lemur "Wilson."




*~*
One-and-a-half weeks later....

So, when I saw the neurologist (who is not the surgery doc) on 10/03, I introduced him to my side kick, "This is my lemur, Wilson." :)

He chuckled and picked up Wilson and said, "He doesn't look like a lemur."

I said, "Really? Maybe he's not. I thought he was a lemur. I bought him at the lemur place at the Duke Primate Center. Have you ever been there?"

"I've not been there," he responded and then continued enthusiastically, "but I've been to that place in Mooresville." He pauses trying to recall the name of the place.

"Lazy 5 Ranch? I've been there a few times on field trips."

"No. Not that one. This place, we got to pet and spend time with baby lemurs who were jumping around the room. And then the folks brought in a baby lion and then a baby zebra!"

"Wow," I responded as he messed with his cell phone. "I'm gonna have to go on a field trip!"

"I found it!" He showed hubby and I his cell phone. "Zootastic, that's the name!" as he expounded more about his family's field trip. :D

Hubby and I and the neurologist were smiling ear to ear.

As I've said before, I really like my neurologist. He always makes me smile or chuckle...even the times when I'm on the verge of tears from pain and suffering and despair.

 I looked up Zootastic online a bit later. It's actually in Troutman, not too far from Mooresville.

Hubby and I are thinking of taking a field trip sometime in the next year.

*~*


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice alliteration!

SP

Denise said...

Agreed!

oneperson said...

lol

Y'all are funny. :D

And thank you!

Shortly after posting this I thunk...
"Hmm. My reacher looks like a side arm. Maybe I should name my walker Cordell." (For Cordell Walker, Texas Ranger)

Then I thought, "Nah. I like Wally. But I can be Cordella." ;D

I use that side arm reacher a lot.