February 1, 2017

More from Grayson ~ 1/25/17

Along my Grayson Highlands trip on Wednesday, 1/25/17...


...I stopped by Wayne Henderson's luthier shop. Wayne wasn't there, but his daughter Jane was; she was busy hand-sanding a guitar neck. I spied two small, dust-covered, wooden deer sculptures on the shop window sill and inquired about them. Jane had made them. I ended up with one in hand. Jane signed it for me. It's now sitting on my kitchen window sill in honor of a deer that got killed and was laying in my neighbor's yard two days later on Friday. My heart sank when I saw the deceased deer.




 Looking up into Grandfather Fir's branches.
On the drive up it dawned on me that I could visit my tree, Grandfather Fir. On two previous visits I'd talked to Grandfather Fir about my nerve damage. Both times, within a few months, significant events occurred. After my first talk with Grandfather Fir Charlotte's Web Hemp Extract, which has been significant in helping me manage the nerve damage, became legal in North Carolina. After my second talk the elevated cobalt and chromium levels in my body were discovered.


Below are pictures of some of the ponies I spotted. Their furry winter coats really stand out, along with their big bellies. They are always fattened up like that in winter and sometimes in summer. I don't think they are pregnant yet; it seems too soon for them to be that big. (I just looked up gestation period for ponies. It's 11 months. So I've changed my mind; I bet they are preggers.) They don't usually foal until mid-to-late spring and early summer. Fabio wasn't with them when I encountered them. Maybe he made his way up to them after his visit with me.









8 comments:

Anna Maria said...

Love the plump ponies! They look healthy. I'm happy that talking to your fir tree makes you feel better and you don't have to worry about your medication being "legal" or not. Whatever it takes.

oneperson said...

Thank you Anna! <3

I recall some of your horse-history and know you have a love and have had relationships with such magnificent creatures. I love seeing them be able to run free.

Denise said...

Low rider ponies. Love the photos, and the writin' ain't bad, either :)

Denise said...

I hope these ponies don't bite and kick people like the ones at the Outer Banks.

oneperson said...

Oh, they definitely bite and kick. They aren't completely "wild," but neither are they tame.

Of course, tame ponies and horses bite and kick too. I received a really bad bite when I was 10 years old...and have been kicked at too. (I grew up with horses from a toddler until I was around 12 years old when I got interested in boys. Should have stuck with horses! :D )

It's usually a matter of respect and the human being aware of the horse's space and body language.

oneperson said...

Thanks! :)

Denise said...

(Should have stuck with horses! :D ) LOL!!! I hear you.

oneperson said...

:D