April 12, 2017

Eyes & Hearts ... & The Phoenix

I've mentioned "walkering" in some previous blog posts. Most of my walkering happens with four-legged friends. We always "walker" at the Greenway. Two of these friends are disabled. I call us "abled-differently" comrades.

~*~

This is one of my pet friends. He's blind, but you'd never know it on our walkerings. He's a walker-mush dog. ;) Sometimes I joke, "It's the blind leading the crippled." So far, we haven't fallen in a ditch!





This is another pet friend. He has a heart condition. So when we walker at the Greenway and he gets tired, he rides. Instead of Biker Dude, he's Walker Dude! All he needs is some goggles and an embroidered, black leather vest. ;)






~*~

My walker's name is The Phoenix. Thus the title of this piece.

~*~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blessing it is to those dogs to have you take them for walks on the Greenway despite their being differently abled! I am sure they love it!

Love to you,
SP

Anna Maria said...

What a sweetheart you are Carol for taking the dogs on your walks with you.I hope you are feeling much better since you got your last epidural. Have a wonderful Easter!

oneperson said...

Thanks ladies!

The dogs and pets take care of me too. I (mostly) love our walks together.

Yes Anna, the epidural seemed to kick in yesterday. Another one down! lol

Thanks again!
xo