October 18, 2011

Similes and Metaphors

What else do I write as I sit in this room, alone, at Panera?

Do I just sit and write until my fingers fall, until my hand falls, off?

Where do I go with my pen? Where shall my pen lead me?

A thought I had earlier today, about mice - the mice that cause computers to function, with a click -

A silent mouse
   that makes so much noise...
A silent mouse
   that erases deeds
     without accountability...
like Knapp is trying to do, or so it seems.

How do I explain my feelings in regard to this sweeping under the carpet of Knapp's lies, of the disappearance of the CHSCA website, at least its direct access, at least for now?

Will Knapp be considered 'compassionate' for simply deleting its existence, for trying to erase the lies, the half-truths, the labels and threats exacted? Will the CHSCA, minus the defamation and profanity, be resurrected and emerge as some sort of legitimate healing center, whitewashed? Does Knapp distance the site and his name with it from readily accessible public view so that his words and deeds do not mar his feigned humility and embarkment upon his next 'righteous' cause?

Knapp's lies are insignificant compared to the largeness of life; I know that. And they will fade as time goes on.

I think again of Simon Crosby's article, Undoing Scapegoating - that if a scapegoater chooses to address in some manner such as with apology or (I add) with an act of so-called compassion by attempted erasure of dirty deeds, and lies, and twists, and treatment of others as unintelligent to be swatted like gnats - that the goater receives pity from onlookers if the goatee continues to hold the goater accountable for the goater's deceit. That if the goater appears to "undo" the scandal, the goater moreso than the goatee will then possibly receive credit for the "undoing." And that apologies (or the like) are not an undoing of or resolution for the scandal; but rather, apologies without accountability act as a putting away of the deed...making the story nice but without any restorative justice.

Once something is put away on a shelf, it is often forgotten. The 'something' can even be stored in a beautifully carved, red-velvet-lined, mahogany box with an embossed golden latch, or no latch at all.

The shelf can be appealing to the eye. Neat and orderly. Books with impressive titles penned by impressive authors interspersed with exquisitely chiseled stone or metal or wooden bookends. Hummels and sculptures catch the eye, causing one to ponder.

Perhaps a beautiful ceramic urn containing ashes of some previous great or non-great relative sits with grace among the treasures - among the books; the ends; the sculptures; and the red-velvet-lined, carved, mahogany box with or without the latch.

Transparency, even translucence,
  non-existent upon the shelf...
    except through the holes
of sculptures and carved bookends.
_____________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I doubt there is any future to the CHSCA. It was a beautiful dream lead by an unstable individual, one that a board of directors felt they could place their trust in, and ultimately found that trust to be misguided.

What is most unfortunate about the collapse is that it hurt others such as yourself- and it hurt board members past and present. Now there is no board whatsoever and no website. The only shame behind the CHSCA is that it was lead by someone who should not have been calling the shots.

There were terrific people on the boards and they continue to BE terrific as individuals in their own practices. It was the Executive Director that brought about the end to the project.

I'm truly sorry for the pain and suffering that your work with Knapp and the CHSCA caused you. I empathize and relate in more ways than you can imagine, and finding your words for the first time has been eye-opening. Sometimes you can be blind to what's on the other side...sometimes you realize that when you look to the other side, you're staring at your own mirror image of the same situation. Patterns in Knapp's behaviour towards you mimic experiences I also had with Knapp, and I think that's what is most uncomfortable. Working with Knapp ended up being a huge mistake for me, and I still feel tremendous pain about it.

Do not let this man's lies and deception tear you away from the victories you've won for yourself. You learned to recognize patterns of hurtfulness well enough to finally point the finger in the right direction, and I hope you stay strong and courageous in the endeavor to move forward in your life. Thank you for helping me move forward in mine.


Regards,
Formerly a CHSCA Supporter

oneperson said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for taking time to read and comment. Your words are validating. I'm sorry for your pain as well. There is no justification for the damage this man has caused. That said, there are reasons; there are always reasons.

To experience the kind of mental and emotional abuse from a so-called (self-proclaimed) healer is a mind warp. To me it's emotional and psychological rape. It's even "spiritual abuse" according to this perpetrator's own definition of spiritual abuse: "a group or leader manipulates and exploits members to achieve the group's ends by appealing to unquestioned goods larger than themselves,[...] and
a member experiences involuntary suffering due to high-intensity demands on time, energy, money, and/or emotional resources to fulfill the dictates of the leader or group."

To me, it's no different than the hypocritical preacher from the bully pulpit.

Yes, there are good people who were on that Board; I'm acquainted with/know some of them. As I witnessed Knapp's recruitment, my stomach would turn flips at times; it'd feel sick. There is much I haven't shared on my blog. Most likely, some stuff will never be shared.

In the past month or so, I'm finally getting back to being able to trust my self again...and to not be afraid to feel compassion and trust toward people. I hope too that I've finally learned to pay better attention to the little red flags.

Tonight as I sat with a friend sharing supper and discussing our lives, my experience this past year was one of the topics. My friend asked, "How much did Knapp charge you per hour?" I responded with the amount and my friend said, "Well, I guess you never got your money's worth."

I responded, "Actually, I've gotten more than my money's worth. It's be quite an education." We both laughed. ;D

Thanks again Anonymous.

As always, to life!
~Carol