June 1, 2012

When Limbs Go Quiet

I regularly visit Jon's blog, Brain, Mind, and Other Things. Jon has an encouraging post about advancements in technology to help folks who are unable to move their limbs.

In reading Jon's blog entry and viewing the video embedded in the entry, I of course thought of my dad. Dad was in a head-on collision in 1983 leaving him to live his remaining twelve-and-a-half years as a quadriplegic. Rarely a week goes by that I don't think about those years.

Upon reading Jon's entry and wanting to leave a comment with links to some things I've written about living with quadriplegia, I decided to compile some of the meanderings I've made public about those years and about limb paralysis.

Head-on Collision (poem)
Stainless Steel
Urine Bags and Heroes
Quadriplegia
War Maims
Heart Failure
Hands in Gauntlets

I'm thankful each day I can freely breathe and button a button.

No comments: