June 7, 2012

Yurt Dreaming

AWW ~ 06/06/12
__________________

Authentic Writing Workshop is tonight. It's 8:33 and I'm just starting to wirte for the next part of our session which begins at 8:45.

I had such a full day with the more-than-typical schedule changes.

One change had to do with Doug, who works for me, having to be in court with his brother, Gary, to support Gary because Gary's ex is a humdinger of an ass. Gary and his ex have a son who is elementary school age. Gary's ex has been trying to make it near impossible for their son to be able to spend time with his father. Eight weeks a year, while Gary lives in Oregon - that's the legal arrangement. But the humdinger ex is a twat. It makes my soul growl like a mother bear when a parent uses a child against the other parent. I sure hope the judge ruled in Gary's favor today. He's simply trying to be a good dad.

Other schedule changes had to do with added client visits, which I enjoy because my clients are beasts, in a good sense. Dogs and cats and birds and reptiles and rodents. We get along superbly.

The other schedule change had to do with me misplacing a client's key. That added forty minutes of extra driving to my rounds.

Animals, like children, make life go slower. Slower in the sense of more noticable, in the sense of living in the moment. I have to slow down to walk the dogs, to sit with the birds and the cats. To feed live meal worms and crickets to lizards.

As I walk my clients, I often notice gardens and homes and yards. Some day I'll have my home and yard like I want to have it. I don't have a specific image in mind, but more of a feel.

And someday, I'd really like to clear part of the woods in the back, plant bamboo, and erect a yurt. It will be my cottage away from home. I'd like that.

__________________

2 comments:

Jon said...

OK, I admit it, I had to look up to see what a 'yurt' is. Now I know. And I want one too!

oneperson said...

I used to say I was gonna have me a teepee some day...but, then I saw yurts. ;D