April 12, 2009

Guru Thought: Strength


What is a "guru thought?" For me, it is something I write in my 'guru thought journal,' a place where I tap my own thoughts and be my own best guru, so to speak. That doesn't mean every thought is an absolute; in fact, few are. It does mean these are thoughts I endeavor to recall about me so as to further my journey toward wellness.

*****************************
Strength.

Strongly opinionated and strength are not synonymous.

Strong opinions may be formed from certain strengths or the opinions may simply be rigid perspectives based on inflexible doctrine. To me the 2nd isn't genuine strength. Genuine strength involves the ability to lift, to move, to endure. It can also involve knowing how to maneuver say a relay or obstacle course. Strength involves exercise and using a muscle over and over so that it knows its job and can perform. It also involves flexibility.

Every day you practice strength by thinking, questioning, listening to inner resources. You make sound decisions which are exemplified in your life, your family, your employment, your children. That is your 'proof.' Celebrate it. Embrace it. You have earned it.



No comments: