January 24, 2010

One blog here. Two blogs there. Blogger blogger everywhere...

Last night our family gathered for an evening of Bear Rock Cafe and then cruising the REI store.  It was a blast.  We have so much fun together.

After our outtings we landed at my daughter's home for a visit.  One of her house mates, Jon, and one of her friends, Allison were hanging out watching comedian Ron White with the laser light shooting its dancing colors and circles all over the walls.  I love it! We then watched some youtube music videos with the laser lights a-jivin'.  It was way cool!

My daughter's housemates are all great young adults - intelligent, engaging, thoughtful, funny.  Plain old fun to be around, at least when I'm around them.  Jon, one of the house mates, is a charmer.  He really likes all things Japan.

Jon writes two articles a week for The Carolinian, as well as shares his culinary expertise on his blogs:  Worldly Eats: Confessions of a Foodie with its accompanying photos on Picasa  and his blog, The Dorm Room Gourmet, and his other blog, Burnt..eateries to avoid..

We got into a conversation about our blogs.  It reminded me of when I used to journal the old-fashioned way, pen in hand and writing on parchment usually bound in a book.  At times I'd run into other journalers and we would talk about journaling; it was a passion, like a treasure chest.

I currently have five public blogs.  Oh my!  The number may increase as time progresses. There was a time I said I'd never have a blog. Why would anyone want a blog?  Well, I ate those words, obviously.  But why five blogs?

When I journaled in books, I began to index the journals.  I also had different journals.  One was a "life journal."  Another a "book review journal."  And another a "poetry journal."  For awhile I had a "sketch journal."

So, why not various blogs?  It's much easier. than paper in books.  I realize there is something therapeutic about handwriting; however, I burnt out on handwriting.  I have at least 15 handwritten books.  I still use the pen at times.  But most often now I'm on the computer.

What if the entire internet crashes and I lose all my writing?  Oh well.  It's all temporal anyway.  It would have served its purpose for the time it served.  I'm not so attached that I'd crater over it.  I'd be disappointed, but life would go on.

No comments: