October 17, 2012

Twisted Ties

Journal entry...adapted
October 17, 2012
Starbucks on Oakwood
______________

I feel so much better today; I didn't wake up depressed.

"Stale" is how I have felt the past week or so.
That is how I have felt after learning about Karen's hypocrisy.

"Stale" reminds me of bread.

Bread gets stale, hard, crusty after it has been exposed to the elements.
Bread remains moist, tender, yummily devourable when kept enclosed - like in a bread bag swirled closed with a twist tie.

I no longer live in a twisted, enclosed belief system.
I no longer live in a twisted, enclosed organization; or as some prefer to call it, a cult.

Cult.
Cult.
Cult.

Change one letter and the word "cult" becomes "cunt;" another moist, tender, yummy morsel to those with a sexual appetite for such.

Martindale, The Way's second president, was a sexual predator guised as the man of God preying upon certain female followers.
Martindale learned his craft from The Way's founder and first president, Wierwille.

Certain spiritually mature believers were taught that to meet the man of God's sexual needs was a blessing. In return he could meet the female's needs, teaching her more fully about the deep connective bonds between a man and woman, maybe even healing past hurts from sexual abuse.

After all, believers were free in Christ and the spiritually mature could handle sexual exploits outside their marriages; it was another lesson about God's abundant grace and mercy.
After all, "adultery" and "fornication" in the Bible really referred to idolatry, that is spiritual adultery, not physical.
After all, it was the spiritual that took precedence over the physical. We were one body, the body of Christ, the Household of the one true God.

I no longer live in a twisted, enclosed belief system.
I no longer live in a twisted, enclosed organization; or as some prefer to call it, a cult.

I've become a bit stale and crusty and hardened and less tasty to predators.

At least, I hope so.
______________

No comments: