June 13, 2017

New Life on the Mountain ~ Grayson Highlands ~ June 12, 2017

I was able to visit Grayson Highlands on Monday, 6/12/17. I needed a visit with my sacred tree, Grandfather Fir. He was waiting for me.

I think it was 2015 when I first prayed to Grandfather Fir. A simple prayer, "Heal my limbs. You have limbs. Strong. Durable. Limbs. Heal my limbs." That began my sacred relationship with trees.

Later, as the symptoms in my body spread to my back and neck and jaws, my prayer expanded, "Heal my trunk and my crown." Trunk refers to my spine and back and neck. Crown refers to my jaws and head; in my head I also began to regularly feel dizzy or swimmy-headed.

And now, due to the severe fatigue I'm dealing with, I've expanded my prayer again, "Heal my xylem and phloem." Xylem and phloem are like a trees circulatory system. It's not that I wasn't fatigued before, but since surgery on 8/30/16, my body isn't responding as well to my routine injections and epidurals and daily meds. Thus I'm not getting symptom-breaks like I used to. So, I figure my xylem and phloem need some help.

My 6/12/17 visit turned into another magical Grayson day - the whole experience, including the few people I met. Perhaps I'll write about it later.


Rhododendron Trail, the path to Grandfather Fir

Bee in flight among Mountain Laurel blossoms

Pollinating 

Infant blueberries

Not far from Mom

Grazing with Mom

Taking a rest near Mom

Among daisies

~*~

Well, this is cool. After posting this blog piece I came across a blog entry from January, 2017. In the January blog entry there's a picture of the pregnant mare who is pictured above with her foal. The photo above is captioned "Among daisies." Below is the photo from 1/25/17 when she was pregnant with that foal..

1/25/17.  Pregnant mom. Same pony as "Among daisies" with her foal.

Below is another photo from 6/12/17 with a back-side view. I have a few others as well. I was able to compare her markings. I'm sure it's the same pregnant pony from 1/25/17.

6/12/17. To compare markings. 

~*~


No comments: