April 8, 2018

Help-map: March 5, 2018, thru May 15, 2018

I received my 20th epidural on March 5, 2018. The neurologist reduced the steroid dosage again. I haven't fared as well compared to my usual fare. It's been a tough five weeks.

Part of the tough row was due to vertigo that began on February 19 and continued until March 15. Part of the tough hoe has been due to work commitments with my pet-sitting business, even though I downsized again when the vertigo hit.

Today I finally got around to typing my "help-map," the new title I'm trying out for my every-twelve-week rally or goal sheets. Each twelve-week epidural round, I magnet my current "map" to the fridge to help encourage and get me to my next epidural.

This round my next epidural is in ten weeks, instead of twelve. In latter May, Hubby and I are going on a vacation to Florida. So my neurologist agreed to adapt my epidural schedule so I can have relief while on vacation.

I'm excited about our trip to Florida. We have an oceanfront room with a door we can prop open. We plan to rent bikes and ride them, which I'm most excited about. I'm pretty sure I've figured out our bike routes. They will include sections of the East Coast Greenway which stretches from the Florida Keys to Canada. It's far from a completed Greenway, but a bike route connects to Greenway sections all up and down the East Coast.

Typing my help-map today, helped me. It helped reduce my anxiety in regard to my current "can't-dos," but feeling I "should do." I magnetted it to the fridge.

I get my neck shots this Tuesday, 4/10.

Come on relief...

*~*

March 5, 2018, thru May 15, 2018
(Ten weeks due to upcoming FL vacation)

Like when I had to save my limbs,
now, I have to save my physiology.
Nothing else takes priority.

With self-care I am caring for others.
I am committed to self-care and emotional wellness.
I do not have to explain to anyone my lack of commitment to activities/tasks outside of self-care.
Even if I weren't sick, there is no need to explain.
I have done nothing wrong by being sick.
I do not need to apologize, though I'm sure I will.

Weather is always changing.
"It's wind man. It blows all over the place."

May I be present.
May I have ease of well being.
May I be peaceful.
May I embrace 10,000 sorrows and 10,000 joys.



To work toward as I'm able around Wee Walk & AIC & self-care:
Stretches: 2-1/2ish hours/week
Bike: 3 days/week
Nutrition: 7 days
Create home haven: 4 to 6 hours/week


Countdown:
Week 1: Completed M, 3/12/18
Week 2: Completed M, 3/19/18
Week 3: Completed M, 3/26/18
Week 4: Completed M, 4/02/18 (BONIVA on Sa, 4/07/18)

Week 5: Completed M, 4/09/18 (neck shots Tu, 4/10/18)
Week 6: Completed Tu, 4/17/18
Week 7: Completed Tu, 4/24/18
Week 8: Completed Tu, 5/01/18

Week 9: Completed Tu, 5/08/18 (BONIVA on Sa, 5/12/18)
Week 10: Completed Tu, 5/15/18 (Epidural #21)



Carol W, CEO ~cyclist. explorer. overcomer.




4 comments:

Alice said...

Florida sounds wonderful. It's snowing right now at my house:) I hope you have relief soon.

oneperson said...

Oh geez regarding the snow. It will end at some point, and then be in the 90s. lol

Thanks for the well wishes. Got my shots yesterday. Crossing fingers for some decent relief by Friday.

<3

Denise said...

You go! It's so nice to have something to look forward to, isn't it? Hope I get to travel again someday. Relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx down there!

oneperson said...

lol on that big relax. Will do! It's at the top of our activity list.

Thanks Denise! :)