January 25, 2014

"It's a Fine Life" from the Musical, Oliver ...

Earlier today, I posted a blog piece about a hike from this past week. As I finished arranging the photos of the post and re-reading it for edits, I came to the last line about my 1999 Ford Explorer which my son and I named Edward a few years back. (Every car needs a name.)

As I read the last line, a chorus from the musical Oliver entered my head. I saw the movie musical when I was around 11 years old or so. It's a classic with lessons to not forget. Songs from the musical are on my Pandora playlist. I sing along...sometimes in the Explorer.

It's a Fine Life from Oliver, 1968



It's a Fine Life
....Small pleasures, small pleasures
Who would deny us these?
Gin toddies -- large measures --
No skimpin' if you please!
I rough it, I love it
Life is a game of chance.
I never tire of it --
Leading this merry dance.
If you don't mind having to go without things
It's a fine life.....


No comments: