January 31, 2014

“Poetry is an echo asking a shadow to dance.” ― Carl Sandburg

Sometimes I dabble in poetry.
Other times I have been drunk in poetry.

Some dabblings can be read here: Parchment Anthology
Some dabblings can be read here: Nekot's Tokens
Some dabblings can be read nowhere in public view.

Poetry at Nekot's Tokens is arranged in a type of backward chronological order according to seasons of life....at least through 2010. The year of "Emancipation" appears to be the most prolific year, thus far.

I received a bad case of the flu this past Tuesday evening. By the wee hours of Wednesday morning, I was downright scared. Methotrexate and the flu can be a fatal combination. I know, I know; the flu alone can be fatal...so can driving.

I probably read too much...but probably not. (There I go again, writing ambiguously.)

I haven't had a cold or flu since I don't know when.

Because of snow and ice, doctors' offices opened late. Folks weren't able to reach them on non-emergency phone lines until after 10:00 AM, Wednesday morning. I was popping Tamiflu by 1:00 PM. It has helped.

I had to pull out my nebulizer which I haven't needed since July, 2006. The albuterol has given me the jitters and maybe a bit of insomnia. The coughing has given me sore ribs. I'll make sure to not lift anything heavy; I don't want to hear that *pop* *pop* sound of cracking ribs.

4 comments:

April Griffiths Galamin said...

Get better soon girl!!! I LOVE YOU!!
XXOO

oneperson said...

Thanks girlfriend!

I'm coughing much less today...now for these ribs to heal.

Tamiflu really works...at least I think that was the main ticket out.

xoxo

... Zoe ~ said...

Oh wow. Sounds awful. I don't blame you for being worried.

oneperson said...

Thanks Zoe... xoxo