May 10, 2016

Elementary

*~*
I stated in a previous blog post that I have felt my bicep muscles "getting juice" this current epidural round.

On March 19, 2016, I drew a picture in my journal of my right arm with "happy cells," cells that give life and strength. It looks like a child-drawing. Elementary art class.

I will always be a child, in certain contexts of life.

I hope the note from the Appalachian Trail (AT) comes true. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Either way, I'll choose happiness a oft as I'm able, with help from my happy cells.

I receive my next epidural on May 16, 2015. It will be my 12th since January, 2014.

my right arm with happy cells. journal entry. march 19, 2016.

*~*

Yesterday, 5/09/16, I spent the afternoon on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Again Mother Nature worked her magic, cradling me and letting me know the largeness of life. She spoke to me, in that language without words.

I nature-watched from one of my sacred spots on the Parkway, The Saddle. In the clouds, I watched a bullfrog try to eat the sun. And then a swan came along behind him and tried the same. Of course, they were not successful. But I thanked them for the show.

It was a cool, cloudy, magical day.

view from the saddle. buffalo mountain in the distance. may 09, 2016.

I once saw a meteor shower as I slept all night at The Saddle. I quit counting shooting stars at around 120. An incredible light show. A July night, sometime in the 2000s.

One can see the sun rise and the sun set from atop The Saddle

Following are links to two poems. One about The Saddle, Mile Post 168, and another about Three Miles South of The Saddle. .

Mile Post 168
Three Miles South of The Saddle

*~*

A photo of a night view, from 2012, atop The Saddle.

deer upon the saddle. january 5, 2012.

Link to a post with a couple more pics from January 5, 2012: "You Can Close Your Eyes" ~ JT

*~*


No comments: