April 17, 2011

The Center for Healing Spiritual and Cultic Abuse (theCHSCA.org)

I have previously posted a couple entries on this blog naming the newly formed non-profit, The Center for Healing Spiritual and Cultic Abuse.

My previous entries which mention the Center directly are:
The Center for Healing Spiritual and Cultic Abuse - One year in the making
John M. Knapp, LMSW: Endorsements Retraction

A few days ago I learned that John Knapp, LMSW, is not "the founder" of the CHSCA; he is a co-founder. Another co-founder is Doug Mesner. I do not recall if John ever stated that he was "the" founder of the CHSCA.

I conversed with Doug via Skype close to 1(?) year ago which was prior to any discussion of a non-profit. (According to Knapp, Knapp didn't bring the subject of a new non-profit up until May, 2010.)

I talked with Doug again last week revealing part of my experience with Knapp. That's when I learned that Doug is a co-founder and is the person currently putting together The CHSCA's advisory board.

What I know of Doug, I like; and I respect his opinions as an investigative journalist helping to expose fraud. Doug's website is THE PROCESS IS...

That said, I still cannot endorse the CHSCA while Knapp is the executive director and the acting mental health counselor - unless there are some changes in the CHSCA staff positions/functions or in Knapp.

I am updating a thread here in regard to my situation with Knapp and as I learn/observe more about the CHSCA.

******************
______________________________

To access an ongoing index, click here and scroll down to the section entitled June 26, 2011.
______________________________

No comments: