February 21, 2014

RIP Little Big Man...

Little Big Man was found yesterday, 2/20/14, lying on the ground at Grayson Highlands State Park, Virginia. His breath had passed from him, his heart completely silent.

Photo by Elizabeth Wegmann 
Some of my favorite photos of the Highland ponies are found on Elizabeth Wegmann's Photography Facebook page. My current favorite album that Elizabeth has posted depicts Little Big Man and Fabio, two lead pony stallions for two Highland herds, declaring their territories, displaying their strength. Fabio has been around the Highlands for years. Little Big Man was new at the time. That album can be found here: Fabio and Little Big Man Confront Each Other

Click here to see Elizabeth's album tribute to Little Big Man himself: Little Big Man RIP
Photo & caption by Elizabeth Wegmann

From my understanding Little Big Man was new to the Highlands; this was his first winter there and a tough winter it has been. I don't know where he lived before the Highlands. I spoke to and photographed and briefly videoed Little Big Man in January, 2014. I've included my couple photos below; I haven't yet figured out the how-to of transferring videos from my iPhone to elsewhere.

I'm thankful I got to meet you, Little Big Man. You will be missed and your freedom remembered.

Little Big Man, January 20, 2014

<3 Sun Was Surely Sinking Down, January 20, 2014 <3


2 comments:

... Zoe ~ said...

Precious moments.

oneperson said...

Yes. Thankful. <3