June 20, 2009

Guru Thought: Wood & Water

***********************************

"Ordinary." The part of life that is 'fetching wood & carrying water.'

In wood and water lies much that is rich: life, work, nature, origins, sunshine, movement, harmony, wind, rain, snow, ice, warmth, senses, birth, death, individualism, community.

Think of all those 'ordinary' things, the tasks involved in and the reasons for fetching wood and carrying water. Not to mention the compositions and environments of wood and water themselves.

Today allow the richness of the ordinary.

*************************************
Link: What is a 'guru thought'?
*************************************
*************************************


Addendum to "Guru Thought: Wood & Water"

My story isn't spectacular for an ex-cult devotee; it's ordinary.

My evolvement has taken the path of writing and researching the part of my life some people have suggested/advised that I 'move on' from. That is my 28-year involvement with The Way International and even more years as a 'true believer.'

I'm coming to see that I can't 'move on' from that; it is as intricate to my life as breath. Dare I say, as childbirth. The Way and my experiences course through my veins. If I bleed out, I die. If I deny it, I suffocate.

So, I write for myself to embrace that part of life and to honor it.

I also want to be a voice, however small and unheard, for those who continued with The Way for decades or may still be a follower in The Way, yet who feel an alienation from themselves.

****************************************************

No comments: