June 14, 2011

Whys, Whats, Reasons

Some may wonder why I am coming forward with the name of my ex-counselor and why I am bringing forth pennings I wrote that I had previously hidden on my private blog.

I have wondered the same. Not unlike when I wonder as to the "why" I write at all or as to "why" I make what I write public.

I don't know all the answers to the "whys."

Yesterday, I posted elsewhere the following:

[post]
I have some memoir type pieces I posted on my toss & ripple blog in which I used a pseudonym for Knapp's name...that is before I came forward with his real name which I used in other pieces.

I first came forward using Knapp's real name on some of my postings when he began soliciting funds for his non-profit, The Center for Healing Spiritual and Cultic Abuse (theCHSCA). I simply couldn't sit by in silence.

Now, I am changing some of those past pieces from the pseudonym to Knapp's real name.

Some may wonder why I would do this? I wonder why at times also.

Part of the reason is because of some of the stuff I continue to read that Knapp posts online. Some of it is because of the harm that has been wrought to other people via Knapp's antics.

Some...I don't know why.

I go back and forth as to how much to expose. [...]

[end post]

I read a quote yesterday:

"You do not need to justify your life. Just live."

Maybe some day I'll learn that lesson. That said, I hope I continue to question my thoughts. If we aren't open to questioning ourselves...well, we might just miss some insights and answers.

I wonder if being closed to questioning ourselves comes from fear....perhaps a fear of who we really are?

And maybe it's not our selves we should(?) question, but rather our opinions, our thoughts, our perspectives, our beliefs, our whatevers. "Whatevers" may be our entrapments... that keep us stunted and bound.

But then again, is not our "self" made up of our thoughts, opinions, perspectives, beliefs, and whatevers?

************************
____________________________
To access an ongoing index regarding my experiences with Knapp, click here and scroll down to the section entitled June 26, 2011.
____________________________

No comments: