June 1, 2011

In Cog Nito

aww ~ 6/01/11
non-subject: in disguise
_______________________

In disguise.
Incognito.

Cuttlefish.

I become enamored watching cuttlefish. Their backward swims. Body changing colors with the surroundings. Or does it change with their moods, or to attract potential mates and detract non-potentials?

Sepia, the ink of the cuttle, is used to form the homeopathic remedy by the same name, Sepia; a remedy known as the "woman's remedy." Women and our many moods similar to the cuttlefish with her many colors.

But men have their many moods too.

Nature has her moods. Yet the form of nature's terrain, the geological outline, stays similar. Even when tumultuous, moody tornadoes and hurricanes or tsunamis decide to reek havoc, the earth does not become incognito.

There is geographic or geological terrain changes that take place over millions of years. Still, the Pangea can be fit together like a puzzle.

After all this time, the outline remains.

Somewhat like a negative exposure. The details are hidden; yet the imprint, the shadow, is recognizable.

There are patterns to everything. Some patterns can be seen with the naked eye; I imagine many (most?) cannot.

I wonder how many of us modern humans roaming the earth with our touch pads and ear pieces recognize the patterns surrounding us, swimming within us, silently directing our moves without our awareness.

John Knapp's license registration with NY state expired as of today, June 1. My understanding from the New York Office of Professions website is that a person cannot provide therapy as a "licensed" practitioner if they are not registered. On the web, John still lists himself as a licensed master social worker that provides mental health therapy.

But it's only been one day since his registration lapsed. Perhaps he will renew late; perhaps not. Perhaps he has somehow registered in another state; perhaps not.

I wonder how long a person is allowed to pose as being licensed?

Dr. McColloch and I discussed that today; licensing and ethics and mental health practice and such. Dr. McColloch stated that John should tell anyone he services, today and forth going while John isn't registered, that John is no longer registered with the state of NY.

Dr McColloch stated that a non-registered licensee is like having no license. Otherwise, what is the point of licensing?

I brought up that NY state says on its website that a person's license is for life, but that the person must register in order to practice. And that a licensee apparently has four months from the time their license registration lapses to re-register, at least online. And that a person apparently cannot practice in the state of NY without being licensed and registered.

"But what about that four-month period, when they aren't registered? I mean it sounds like a grace period or something." I stated to Dr. McColloch as I belabored the details of semantics.

"It doesn't matter," Dr. McColloch responded. "If my registration states my license is good through a certain date, on that date, it expires if I don't re-register. If I am not registered, I can't practice. I must be registered. It's not typical for a professional to allow their license to lapse. Someone can call themselves a coach or I think maybe even a psychotherapist; but they can't state they are licensed if they aren't registered. They have to tell people that their license isn't current. They can't practice 'therapy' as a 'mental health counselor' without a registered license. Once they re-register, then they would be legal again."

I stated to Dr. McColloch, "What you just shared with me is the same thing I think that John would share. Yet..." I paused in silence.

"...Yet, he is doing the very thing that is against what he would say?" Dr. McColloch finished my sentence. "It's what people do; say one thing and do another."

"But then how can I trust anyone?" I responded.

Dr. McColloch replied, "Let me answer that by posing a question - what are the alternatives?"

I used to watch cuttlefish in the wee morning hours when I worked at Discovery Place Museum in Charlotte. I was one of the Camp-in site directors helping to oversee up to 400 people who came to our overnight camps in the museum.

I don't think the cuttlefish ever noticed us.

*********************
_____________________
To access an ongoing index regarding my experiences with Knapp, click here and scroll down to the section entitled June 26, 2011.
_____________________

No comments: