July 22, 2011

journal entry ~ april 12, 2011

_______________________
Preface: The following is more from my personal journal and/or other writings as I moved through the inner turmoil after the Knapp trauma which happened the end of July/beginning of August, 2010. The sharings are simply my thoughts at the time processing through events that took place with my ex-therapist, John M. Knapp, LMSW. To access an ongoing index, click here and scroll down to the section entitled June 26, 2011.
______________________

***********************
journal entry
april 12, 2011

As I witness the Center for Healing Spiritual and Cultic Abuse solicit and gain support from prominent individuals, I have a few different reactions. My stomach flips and feels sick as the the synapses respond knowing the hypocrisy on which Knapp founded the Center. I regulate that response with words from someone who has been helping through all this: "He is a shyster and shyster will do what they do. His organization may be wildly successful, just like other gurus." Then I reach toward acceptance that I have no real place in the anti-cult realm, or in the realm of standing 'against' something. John touts he doesn't and isn't going to be that anymore - be among the anti-cult ilk..and where he wrote over on the BAoL blog, 'no more nasty Twitter comments from me'. But I believe that about like I believed that GreaseSpot Cafe was going to close down; that is - I'll believe it when I see it.

How do I continue to write my story without that connection to the cult-recovery realm? How does one walk away?

***********************

No comments: