July 22, 2011

journal entry ~ june 6, 2011

_______________________
Preface: The following is more from my personal journal and/or other writings as I moved through the inner turmoil after the Knapp trauma which happened the end of July/beginning of August, 2010. The sharings are simply my thoughts at the time processing through events that took place with my ex-therapist, John M. Knapp, LMSW. To access an ongoing index, click here and scroll down to the section entitled June 26, 2011.
______________________

***********************
journal entry
june 6, 2011


I recently read an article entitled The Three Faces of Victim.

The basis of the article stems from a theory set forth by Stephen Karpman.

As I was reading, I very much resonated with the outlook that our truth is how we perceive life at any given stage.

As time progresses our perception(s) may change. The facts remain the same; how we perceive those facts and the impact the facts have on our self evolves, adapts, intensifies, detensifies as we look at the situation from various angles and/or as we gain more understanding of our self or the other(s) in the circumstance(s).

Yet, I disagree we make our reality, so to speak.

My father's car wreck that left him a quadriplegic was not a reality that he made. He was in a head-on automobile collision. He didn't intend that to happen. It never entered his mind.

How he (and we as a family) dealt with that reality was up to us. That is different than creating the reality.

There are victims. There are rescuers. There are persecutors.

****************************

No comments: